Good News Mountaineer Garage, a nonprofit organization that seeks donated vehicles, repairs and provides them to low-income families needing transportation to get to work has an opening for an Administrative Assistant. Successful applicant must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills including report and record keeping, scheduling and logistics planning. Responsible for a wide range of administrative and office support activities, including information gathering and monitoring. Attention to detail, team work, flexibility and dependability a must. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, as well as Access database, along with the principles and practices of basic office management necessary. Competitive salary and benefits package. EOE.
Send resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com or mail to 1637 4th Avenue, Charleston, WV 25387 by December 8, 2017.
Good News Mountaineer Garage, a dynamic nonprofit organization, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The position is full-time.
The Administrative Assistant will work to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Reception - Answering, screening and transferring inbound phone calls in a professional and courteous manner. Greeting clients, suppliers and visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Office administration - Use computer word processing, spreadsheets and database software to prepare reports, memos and documents; sort incoming mail, faxes and deliveries; prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail and parcels; purchase, receive and store office supplies; code and file material according to established procedures; update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's database; prepare and distribute weekly staff meeting materials, along with monthly Board meeting materials; assist with travel logistics; assist with donor and client communications, including email and letters; coordinate the maintenance of office equipment.
- Education - High School diploma. Additional, related experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and word processing.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
- Strong attention to details and organization, professional and positive manner, ethical handling of all information, and the ability to be a self-starter.
Good News Mountaineer Garage offers a competitive salary and great benefits package including health insurance and a retirement plan. EOE. Send resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1637 4th Avenue, Charleston, WV 25387 by Friday, December 8, 2017.