BUILDING YOUR FINANCIAL HOUSE - Focusing on many aspects of financial stability...VISIT US ON FACEBOOK...BEST TAX DEDUCTION! IT'S EASY! IT WORKS!...
CALL 866-GIVE-CAR (866-448-3227)
Good News Mountaineer Garage, a nonprofit organization working to overcome barriers to transportation for low-income families needing transportation to work, is seeking a dynamic Executive Director to continue the organization's growth, expansion of services, and move toward capital security. The successful candidate will have three-to-five years of administration, staff management and financial management experience and a proven track record of working collaboratively with government, communities, organizations and foundations.
Experience in programs and services assisting low-income individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency, and recruiting and motivating volunteers is a plus. Demonstrated ability to grow a business model, plan and execute fundraising programs, and a working knowledge of rural transportation issues are also desirable skills.
Attention to detail, team work, flexibility and dependability a must. Working knowledge of programs essential to job functions, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access database, as well as QuickBooks and/or Peachtree, along with the principles and practices of basic office management are necessary.
The successful candidate will have at least three-to-five years of increasing administrative and management responsibility in a complex nonprofit organization; ability to work with and develop relationships with other social services providers and programs, state agencies, key community leaders, and other diverse nonprofits; familiarity with basic car mechanics, or a willingness to acquire same. College degree in a related field.
- Management and oversight of the core financial, administrative, communication, marketing and development activities for a statewide nonprofit organization which accepts donated vehicles, makes necessary repairs to those vehicles, and then gives them to eligible West Virginia families;
- Development and management of over $1 million in federal, state, corporate and foundation grants for existing and expanded program initiatives focused mainly on increasing access to transportation. This includes complying with all reporting guidelines and deadlines;
- Oversight and management of a diverse pool of statewide employees including: automotive mechanics, office and administrative personnel; drivers and quality assurance staff;
- Maintain strong working relationships with contracted and outside service personnel;
- Continue to develop independently, and in conjunction with outside providers, safety training programs geared toward safe garage and office operations;
- Working alongside, and reportable to, a 12+ member Board of Directors to implement its long-range strategic vision for the organization, fundraising initiatives, and strengthen relationships with key community leaders, state agencies and other nonprofit organizations;
- Increase visibility of the organization through outreach, marketing and social media presence;
- Direct communications with donors, recipients and providers;
- Oversee the care and upkeep of headquarters and grounds; and
- Policy development, update and analysis.
- The salary for this position is between $45K - $60K.
- Full, generous benefits are currently provided through Good News Mountaineer Garage, including medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement.
- The position is full-time and is based out of the organization's main office in Charleston.
- Good News Mountaineer Garage is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2018.
Your cover letter should clearly state your relevant experience, your interest in this position, and why you are the best candidate for the Executive Director position. Applications should include "Executive Director application" in the email subject field.